Thursday 19 March 2009

Think ive aged a couple of years today

Sock cat .
We had to get up early and take doodles to the vets so somehow we managed to leave the house at 8.30am (new Rushton Family world record) as we had to be at the vets by 9.30am. Its a 2mile walk so we had to get the double pram out from retirement . It was another clear blue sky day so we packed a picnic to have in the big park in town. sweated and huffed and puffed my way to the vets as unfortunately its all up hill , Ben couldn't quite understand why we were leaving Doodles behind and didn't want to go but after i said the magic word 'picnic' he soon cheered up.
we bought some essentials first ...books from the charity shops,carrot cake and Goodies crisps :)
After eating the picnic the pixies headed for the 'Sensory playground' .

Daisy on the giant piano keys


Spinney thing



boing boing!










Then after much persuasion we left the playgrounds and went to look at the lake and the ducks.
I Feel extremely guilty and horrified by what happened next Andy has reassured me it wasn't my fault but crikey i feel awful.
we were watching the ducks and decided we would start walking home so i put Daisy back in the pram and while i was doing up the straps i heard a small splash and when i turned round Ben had gone i went over to where he was stood which was about 2 meters away and looked in the water and there was no sign of him and i think in that second my heart stopped then thank god he popped back up to the surface with a terrified look on his face i don't think i will ever forget and is making me tearful just thinking about it now . i pulled him out and cuddled him to try and calm him down and all he could say was 'hair wet ' thankfully i had a spare pair of trousers and pants with me and he wasn't wearing his coat so i got him dry and wrapped him in my coat to keep warm .
He seems ok now and is his usual happy self i think its maybe upset me more It was the singly most terrifying experience ever i keep playing it over in my mind looking in the water and not seeing him and the feeling of panic is just awful .
I read somewhere (cant remember where) but they called these near misses a 'free one' like they were sent to warn us and next time we might not be so lucky ,so must not dwell and beat myself up (easier said than done) and must learn from it so it will never happen again or maybe grow another set of arms and some more eyes that would defiantly help too :)























Chickens apparently :)









Andy bought some lovely flowers for me on the way home from picking up Doodles he said they were my early mothers day present .
Doodles came home in the evening a shadow of her normal self :( they had shaved her Chin and neck and the tear was much bigger that i thought ,shes got lots of stitches and looks very sore we have two different types of medicines and she isn't allowed to run about or jump for the next 10 days ! her best friend (my dad ) is coming up at the weekend so that will cheer her up .
I think we might stay in tomorrow :)























2 comments:

  1. How scary, hope you're all ok now. I think you're right about the 'free one', I always feel grateful for these warnings too. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete